My goodness, that took a while. All those hundreds of ends to weave in after joining. It’s finally done and just in time as we have snow flurries coming our way this evening! This post has all the photos and, to satisfy my passion for numbers, all the statistics.
Here it is bordered, blocked and in all its final glory. The image can be clicked on to see a 50% larger version.
This is the free pattern on Ravelry I used as my starting point but I made two sizes of squares rather than three. I have a minor note on what I would try differently patternwise if I made something like this again on my Ravelry project page.
Here are the stats (with some slight rounding):
- Finished size: 90cm x 115cm (35″ x 45″)
- Finished weight: 760g (1 lb 11 oz)
- Yarn composition: 100% wool
- Amount of yarn (estimated from weight of blanket and skeins): 1250m (1350 yds)
- Yarn characteristics (estimated): 1650 m/kg (810 yds/lb)
- Yarn skein size (from skein wrapper): 8m (8.7 yds)
Here’s a sampling of the small DMC wool yarn skeins I used.
Here’s a peek the back. I used the really blotchy pink yarn from my dye session to join the squares. Those wool skeins were 45 yds each.
Of course, no project is complete without an inspection….
…and quality assurance!
Key related posts: Joining squares (for a link to the pattern and how I joined the crocheted squares), Crochet: Granny square blanket – thank goodness for swatching (the border I chose for the assembled blanket and shows seaming tension problems)